We have created this resource to help with learning about the spring season for kindergarten and first grade students while increasing reading comprehension and building vocabulary skills. It combines science and literacy in one powerful teaching pack!
Finally, a way to build stronger literacy skills without the stress of traditional word study!
Our teacher guide will show you exactly how to turn your emergent learners into grade-level readers with just 15 minutes a day. With Daily Concept Builders literacy…
Your students will:
- Utilize decoding, comprehension, and critical thinking skills to give them a whole picture of what they are reading
- Learn phonemes in context rather than in isolation, allowing them to better transfer their skills to all reading
- Increase fluency as they understand the rhythm of the text through our piggyback song format
- Experience comprehension and connection through real photos and concept-based vocabulary
- Learn naturally how to apply all their skills as needed
- Easily differentiate with our emergent readers empty literacy boxes for customized phonics practice
- Save time and money by utilizing resources that fit seamlessly with any reading program
- Experience your students’ joy, confidence, and independence as they become purposeful readers
- Just added: Differentiated Worksheets that have 4 words or 6 words for students to put in sentence order, practice handwriting, illustrate the sentence that includes the spring season and sight words and answer a bonus question that encourages critical thinking, and a fluency sheet where students practice repeated readings and highlight the vocabulary.
Learn SPRING, BIRDS, FROGS, CALVES, and DAYLIGHT in a series of resources jam-packed with amazing comprehension and connections for your students.
Emergent Reader Hard Copy
- Color Interactive SPRING SEASON book w/literacy box
- BW Interactive SPRING SEASON book w/literacy box
- Single sheet with the words for students to illustrate
- Put them in a poetry/song folder for students to review
- Teacher Guide
Digital Boom Emergent Reader
- Emergent reader book with audio
- Recorded song for easy fluency
- Comprehension questions
- Phonics questions
- Vocabulary questions
- Writing prompt
- Teacher guide
Digital Bonus Boom Reader:
At no extra cost to you, we added the Boom reader with just the story, song and questions for your differentiated needs.
Word Wall Cards
- Full-color vocabulary cards with photos to match emergent reader
- Teacher guide
- These cards make a great writing center because they are thematic and help keep the students on topic while they are writing.
Digital Boom Vocabulary Cards
- Full-color vocabulary pages with photos to match emergent reader
- Step-by-step pages to walk you through your entire word study process with each vocabulary word -Teacher guide
- Great for Morning Meeting or for a substitute teacher!
- Differentiated Worksheets
- 5 sheets with 6 words
- 5 sheets with 4 words
- teacher guide
- fluency sheet