We have created these pumpkin and senses resources to help with increasing reading comprehension for kindergarten and first grade students. It combines vocabulary, reading comprehension and phonics in one powerful teaching pack!
Finally, a way to build stronger literacy skills without the stress of traditional word study!
Our teacher guide will show you exactly how to turn your emergent learners into grade-level readers with just 15 minutes a day. With Daily Concept Builders literacy…
Your students will:
- Utilize decoding, comprehension, and critical thinking skills to give them a whole picture of what they are reading
- Learn phonemes in context rather than in isolation, allowing them to better transfer their skills to all reading
- Increase fluency as they understand the rhythm of the text through our piggyback song format
- Experience comprehension and connection through real photos and concept-based vocabulary
- Learn naturally how to apply all their skills as needed
- Easily differentiate with our emergent readers empty literacy boxes for customized phonics practice
- Save time and money by utilizing resources that fit seamlessly with any reading program
- Experience your students’ joy, confidence, and independence as they become purposeful readers
Learn PUMPKIN, SENSES, SEEDS, RIND, ORANGE, PULP, and VINE in a series of resources jam-packed with amazing comprehension and connections for your students.
Emergent Reader Hard Copy
- Color Interactive PUMPKIN SENSES READING book w/literacy box
- BW Interactive PUMPKIN SENSES READING book w/literacy box
- Lyrics for song
- Teacher Guide
Virtual Boom Emergent Reader
- Emergent reader book with audio
- Recorded song for easy fluency
- Comprehension questions
- Phonics questions
- Vocabulary questions
- Writing prompt
- Teacher guide
Word Wall Cards
- Full-color vocabulary cards with photos to match emergent reader
- Teacher guide
Virtual Boom Vocabulary Cards
- Full-color vocabulary pages with photos to match emergent reader
- Step-by-step pages to walk you through your entire word study process with each vocabulary word -Teacher guide
Want all this vocabulary in one place?
Check out our Word of the Day OCTOBER Calendar.