Short Vowel Activities for 1st Grade includes great activities to teach word families. There is a fun game for short vowels called Scoot, and our students love playing Scoot. This game will get your students up and moving as they learn and practice word families. Use it as an assessment or as a learning center. We have also included word families sort to use in your guided reading groups or in centers. The picture sorts come in color and black and white, with ideas on how we use them.
Students will practice CVC words with engaging task cards that will make this one of your most popular games!
We have included other fun games for reading in this resource, so these task cards have versatile uses. They are great for differentiation strategies!
- Laminate them and add some dry erase markers.
- Post the cards around the room and give students the recording sheet on a clipboard.
- You can play Around the World where a card is shown to 2 students standing, and the first one to yell out the answer moves to the next desk. The student that makes it to the most desks wins.
Enjoy even more versatility and get great ideas from the included teacher guides!
We have included directions for 5 different games.
- Directions to “Scoot”
- 24 task cards for each game and 4 Take a Break Cards if you have more than 24 students in color and black and white.
- Picture Sorts in color and black and white
- Words that match the picture
- Word Family Heading Cards in color and black and white
- Teacher Guides for 5 Games
- Recording sheets
- Answer Keys
- Teacher ideas for scoot cards and picture sorting cards
CVC Word Families include:
Hello! We are Pam and Brittany, a mother and daughter team from Dynamic Learning, and we love creating differentiated products that make learning fun and dynamic for your students!
More ideas at: dynamiclearning.com/blog
See more pictures of our products on Pinterest.
Join us at Sing,Play,Engage
Sign up for great tips and free resources here!
We appreciate all your support!