This word of the day vocabulary calendar bundle is a vocabulary tool that every teacher should have for his or her morning meeting. So much more than a calendar, or word of the day resource, this product provides numerous teaching opportunities for you and your students. We have provided a teacher guide for your morning meeting, as well as a teacher guide for our word of the day student calendars. These calendars provide you with writing ideas, pattern practice, vocabulary development, grammar opportunities, age-appropriate definitions, and seasonally appropriate words for supplemental lessons. These calendars are also editable if you want to change the words.
“These word of the day calendars have helped to improve our students’ writing as well as their vocabulary development! ” and ” These calendars are great for ELL students!” are just a few comments made by teachers.
- August: Staying Cool, Bugs, Farm, Scientist, Back to School.
- September: Back to School Behavior, Weather, Reading Vocabulary, Math Vocabulary
- October: Fall, Columbus Day, Map Skills, Pumpkin Cycle, Five Senses and Halloween
- November: Election, Thanksgiving Past, Thanksgiving Present, Veterans Day, Forces and Motion
- December: Hanukkah, Saint Lucia, Las Posadas, Christmas, Kwanzaa
- January: New Years Resolution, Winter Weather, Arctic, Martin Luther King Jr.
- February: Groundhog Day, Storms, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln
- March: Reading/Story Elements, St.Patrick’s Day, Spring like a Lamb, Spring like a Lion, Spring Animals
- April: April Fool’s, April Showers, Earth Day, Easter, Trees
- May: Cinco de Mayo, Plant Needs, Plant Parts, Mother’s Day, Life Cycles of Frogs and Butterflies and Memorial Day.
- June: American Symbols, Graduation, Father’s Day, Summer, and Animal Movement
- July: Independence Day Camping, Outdoor Fun, Ocean Life, and Real and Make-Believe
- Calendar pieces that are editable
- BW Student Calendar
- Calendar Time Teacher Guide
- Student Calendar Teacher Guide
- Definitions sheet
- Daily Journal Sheet