Bossy R-Controlled Vowels Scoot is a great phonics game for the r-controlled vowel words with ar, or and er. Our kids love playing Scoot. This game will get your students up and moving as they learn about bossy r words. Use it as an assessment or as a center with fun manipulatives. This is one of our favorite games to play.
Students will practice ar, or and er words with engaging task cards that will make this one of your most popular games.
We have included other games in this resource, so these task cards have versatile uses. They are great for differentiation strategies!
- Laminate them and add some dry erase markers.
- Post the cards around the room and give students the recording sheet on a clipboard.
- You can play Around the World where a card is shown to 2 students standing, and the first one to yell out the answer moves to the next desk. The student that makes it to the most desks wins.
Enjoy even more versatility and get great ideas from the included teacher guides!
We also included picture and word sorts which are great for centers or to use in guided reading groups as well as differentiated ABC order worksheets.
- Directions to “Scoot”
- 24 task cards and 4 Take a Break Cards if you have more than 24 students in color and black and white.
- ar, or and er manipulatives
- Picture and Word Sorting cards
- Teacher guide
- Teacher Guides for 5 Games
- Recording sheets
- Answer Keys
- 4 ABC differentiated worksheets and answer keys
We also have this in our TPT Store if you prefer to purchase there.